The Benefits of Massage
1. Reduce Stress: Stress can wreak havoc on our bodies and minds. According to The Mayo Clinic, stress could cause, headaches, fatigue, sleep problems, anxiety, irritability, inability to focus, depression and restlessness.
2. Improve Circulation: An increase of blood flow is attained through the loosening of muscles, tendons and ligaments and the effects of this can include reduced fatigue and better pain management.
3. Reduce Pain: Massage helps the body return to a state of equilibrium and homeostasis. The body gets accustomed to a "new normal" when chronic pain and tightness are present and targeting the source of the pain can bring the body back to a state of harmony.
4. Eliminate Toxins: Stimulating the soft tissues of your body will help to release the toxins through your blood and lymphatic systems.
5. Improve Flexibility: Massage therapy will loosen and relax your muscles, helping your body to achieve its full range of movement potential.
6. Improve Sleep: A better night's sleep is achieved through the relaxation of the body, mind and spirit that is induced by the massage.
7. Reduce Fatigue: Massage helps reduce your stress hormone levels and increase serotonin and dopamine levels in the body. It is called a passive form of exercise and the result is increased energy levels.
8. Enhance Immunity: Stimulation of the lymph nodes recharges the body's natural defense system.
9. Reduce Depression and Anxiety: Massage Therapy can help to release endorphins in your body, helping you to feel happy, energized and at ease.